click here to access stephendweck.com!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

GILDED

From the second I bought my American Apparel clutch, I knew it was screaming for a DIY. Luckily I literally found on every blog that they coolest thing right now is to paint the bottom a contrasting, striking color. Out of all the metallics, opaque bronzey-gold is my favorite. I used an acrylic paint, (which can be used on any material), painters tape to make an exact line and a foam brush. 


The result: perfection!
My new pouch with a classic laid back outfit.
Lots of shiny bronze jewelry: Stephen Dweck. 
My comfy, go to outfit:
T Shirt: Alexander Wang. Shorts: Gap. Shoes: Naot
(I promise, my sandals are really comfortable and not completely unfashionable!)  

A jumble of my chain necklaces on my new gilded pouch
Upon being impressed by my clutch, I used the paint to spruce up a pair of really cute wedges. The original heel was rubber and dirty, so the new gold paint gave it a second life! The wedges now look 1000 times more exotic, which is a perfect pairing for Dweck jewelry!
Shoes: Cynthia Steffe for Target
Im not sure what I am going to paint next, but Im very excited! Any ideas!??

No comments:

Post a Comment