click here to access stephendweck.com!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

FATHERS DAY BRUNCH

This past Sunday was Father's Day, and every year I wake up early to make a brunch. Since this is my first year being a vegan, my typical menu changed a bit, but it was still delicious. I used vegetables from the farmers market and strawberries from our garden. The best part was when everyone sat down, ate and literally showered me with compliments!!

I hope you had a great day and to all the fathers, happy fathers day!
Our father's day brunch, which I made at way too early in the morning
 On the menu: clockwise starting from fresh berries, vegan cranberry-orange scones with homemade berry jam, spicy tempeh and tomato, wilted greens (spinach, artichokes and peas) and toasted pine nuts, roasted potatoes with stinging nettle pesto (a farmers market tangy green)
The menu revamped vegan
The homemade vegan scones and jam served on some
of the milk glass my parents collect at flea markets
Vegan scones, spread with earth balance and jam
I made from berries reduced in water and agave
The stools I got my father for fathers day. We have similar ones from Mexico,
but these Serena and Lily ones were too cute to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment