click here to access stephendweck.com!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

WHERE HAVE YOU BEENE? (my version)

In last months Elle, there was an article in memory of designer Geofferey Beene and his accomplishments. (which is where I stole the title from!) I decided to rummage through my mom's closet full of 'unique' clothes that were hip in the 80's and 90's,which means= perfection!!! My mom has soo much stuff from Mr. Beene for throughout the 80's, my father designed the jewelry for his collections. The Dweck jewelry created exclusively for the Beene show was the epitome of the 80's. Long stone pendants, very large earrings, fabric bangles and very colorful statement pieces such as headpieces and belts. 

My interpretation was a little bit of everything. I found a Beene grey knit long sleeve dress and orange wool plaid caplet thing (it even came with an oversized hood but I ditched it). I paired it with very 80's Dweck jewelry (hand painted bangles and chunky turquoise necklace and earrings) Finished off with some orangey lipstick, American Apparel dotted tights, random sunglasses and green plaid Prada wedges.






Heres close up of the chunky jewels and hand painted bangles...




No comments:

Post a Comment