click here to access stephendweck.com!

Monday, May 30, 2011

ONE MANS TRASH IS ANOTHER MANS TREASURE

As the title of this post refers to, antiquing can be like finding a pool of gold or a bin of dusty, smelly chatchkas, its all luck. My parents have always been avid collectors, spending early Sunday mornings in flea markets searching for everything from vases and dinnerware to chandeliers and everything in between.

This past memorial day weekend, we participated in our town's antique fair in Allenhurst, NJ. We had our own table of antiques and items from my parents many years of collecting that we no longer needed. We raised over 700 dollars (!!!!!!!) to go directly to a local charity helping families in need.

Our table in the early morning. By the end of the day it was almost empty!
Everything from straw baskets from India to sets of milk glass and art deco vases.
A collection of one man's trash. 
A woman's collection of personal items. I spy my faux fur which I bargained for $20!!

My scores of the day, a faux fur jacket for 20 dollars and a vintage necklace for 40.
The jacket was never worn, a very big plus in vintage shopping!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment