click here to access stephendweck.com!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

FLORENCE + THE MACHINE

A few months ago, back in November, I fell in love with the band Florence + the Machine and the lovely lead singer Florence Welch. She's fearless and her voice is real and overpowering. Her voice. Her hair. Her style. Swoon. 
The album cover. Go get it NOW
For weeks her album, Lungs was playing everywhere. I listened to the entire album on my ipod, in the car and all over the house. I think everyone soon got sick of me playing Cosmic Love on repeat over and over. After some 'researching' on google I fell in love with her style. Its a mix of vintage, bohemian and lots of reds, bronze and fiery orange (to match her fiery hair). She was definitely a perfect match for Dweck Jewelry. 


Florence in her ultra cool outfit arriving at David Letterman in December
After I repeated Cosmic Love some more, my father contacted Lori at Universal Music, who gave us a few cds, including Florence's, in the first place. Everyone had very busy schedules, so a meeting has yet to be planned, but I was able to snag tickets to a performance. Florence performed an intimate performance at David Letterman in December. It was an awfully cold night but I went straight from the Teen Vogue offices to see her and she was breathtaking!! She performed the entire album for 45 minutes straight! She looked beautiful and her voice live was just as flawless! 


Now that I introduced who she is and why I am soo obsessed, below is a photo of her from Elle's May issue aka Women in Music. In the photo, you can't see the bronze Dweck bracelet but I will post a better and more clear picture asap. 


Dweck bracelet on right hand but not pictured, sorry! Find it in Elle May 2011
Bronze bracelet with mother-of-pearl, red jasper, and smoke quartz
You can watch her performance on David Letterman Live HERE! 


P.S- And after the performance my friend and I RAN outside to see her when she left and we got soooo close to meeting her but there was a VERY big frenzy out there. But I am positive there will be a meeting very soon!!
VERY blurry but heres the huge drum she used when she performed the VERY catchy 'Drumming Song'. We were happy to at least see this then nothing at all :(

No comments:

Post a Comment